Dentistry, University of Barcelona, 1998
Universidad Internacional de Catalunya (Temporomandibular Disorders) , 2001
MS, University of Minnesota (TMD and Orofacial Pain), 2003
Associate Program Director, School of Dentistry, University of Minnesota (Oral Medicine), 2004
Dr. Mulet earned her dental degree from the University of Barcelona in Barcelona, Spain, in 1998. After three years of practice in general dentistry in Spain she came to the University of Minnesota and completed a two-year certificate and master program in Temporomandibular Disorders and Orofacial Pain in 2003 and a one-year Clinical Fellowship in Oral Medicine in 2004. She obtained her professional dental license in Minnesota the same year. She has been a member of the faculty of the TMD Division at the School of Dentistry since then. She is currently the Associate Program Director of the Orofacial Pain Graduate Program at the University of Minnesota.
Dr. Mulet is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orofacial Pain and a Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine. In addition to mentoring and teaching graduate students in the Orofacial Pain Graduate Program, she provides patient care in the field of Orofacial Pain. Her clinical interests include the diagnosis and management of patients with temporomandibular disorders and chronic orofacial pain conditions, painful oral mucosal conditions such as burning mouth syndrome, and the management of obstructive sleep apnea with oral appliances.
- Fellow, American Academy of Orofacial Pain
- Member, American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Abstract/Poster Committee Chair, American Academy of Orofacial Pain
- Sleep Medicine Committee co-Chair, American Academy of Orofacial Pain
- Education Committee, American Academy of Orofacial Pain – 2011 to present
- Abstracts/Poster Committee, American Academy of Orofacial Pain – 2009 to present
- Students Awards, Honors and Scholarship Committee, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry – 2009 to present
- Advanced Education Committee, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry – 2007 to present
Fall 2007: Mulet M, Decker K, Look J, Lenton P, Schiffman E. “A Randomized Clinical Trial Assessing the Efficacy of Adding 6×6 Exercises to Self-care for the Treatment of Masticatory Myofascial Pain”. Journal of Orofacial Pain 1997; 21(4): 318-28.
April 2011: Rener-Sitar K, Nixdorf DR, Mulet-Pradera M, Schiffman EL, John MT. How Relevant are Existing Oral Health-Related Quality of Life Instruments for TMD Patients? In: 35th Scientific Meeting of the AAOP, Las Vegas, Nevada, April 28-May 1, 2011. Abstract book, [P36].